Bornholm- wedding capital of Europe
Celebrate your wedding in Europe: elope or bring your circle to Scandinavia's most beautiful island!
Famous for small and runaway weddings, Bornholm Island, the European wedding capital for elopement ceremonies, is truly a gem. Behind Bonrholm’s picturesque landscapes, a perfect combination of wilderness and serenity, lies a deep history that is what makes the island so mysterious and fascinating. There are many puzzling facts about the island, as well as legends that say that “when God created Scandinavia, he took the best parts and threw them into the depths of the Baltic Sea and Bornholm Island came into being.”
Bornholm Island was nominated in 2018 for the World’s Best Island category by the Travel + Leisure Magazine!
But, what is it that makes Bornholm Island one of Europe’s best hidden wedding destinations?
- As a wedding island, Bornholm is a truly spectacular location to elope in Europe and boasts over 300 days of sunshine per year.
- With its unspoiled nature, white beaches, cliffs, lighthouses – the island offers a memorable experience for couples searching for their dream European wedding destination.
- This rocky island is a little food paradise for gourmands, and offers finest quality organic and sustainable Nordic food, and is home to the Michelin restaurant “Kadeau”
- Easy to reach from Germany, Denmark, Sweden and Poland
- The wedding documentation process is simple with the Danish marriage certificate recognized worldwide.
One of Europe’s Top Wedding Destinations
Time and time again, our clients are blown away by their experience and the beauty of Bornholm Island, saying that it is really one of the best places to get married abroad in Europe.
Couples considering a destination wedding in Europe often chose Bornholm Island because of its calm, laid back charm. The island is a getaway that is ideal for small parties but also for couples that just want to elope abroad and have an adventure that is full of beauty, nature, and joy. Browse through our popular wedding and elopement packages and start planning your romantic European destination wedding today.
Getting To Bornholm For Your European Wedding Destination
Even through Bornholm is the island located furthest from Denmark’s mainland, it is very easy to reach and there are many options for getting there, so you can pick the method that works best for you and offer these options to your guests:
By plane: from Copenhagen’s airport to Bornholm’s airport in Rønne
Total flight time: About 35 minutes
More info: See the Danish airline DAT
By bus: From Copenhagen via Ystad in Sweden
Total bus traveling time: About 2 ½ hours
More info: see bus info here
Note: After taking the bus to Ystad in Sweden, you have to get on the ferry there which will take you to Bornholm Island (traveling time: 1 hour and 20 minutes)
from Swedens’s Ystad (traveling time: 1 hour and 20 minutes)
From Denmark’s Køge in Denmark (traveling time: 5 ½ hours)
from Germany’s Sassnitz (traveling time: 3 ½ hours)
More info about the ferries to Bornholm: Bornholmslinjen ferry